I have decided it is time to blog again and I will do so regularly. The last time I posted we had just found out about the "flavor" of the baby in my belly. Well, that baby girl, whom we named Cali Colleen Hutchings just turned 1 a few weeks ago on April 15, our Tax Baby! She is such a joy to have in our home and we can't imagine our family without her. She has been walking for months now and keeps me busy and on my toes. She has quite the personality and is such a little hoot.
Mariah turned 4 in March and is dying to go to school. She is exited she will be going to pre-school 4 days a week next school year. She and Abbey are both starting dance class next week. They are soooo excited. I am two because it will keep them busy 2x's a week during the entire summer.
Abbey also had a b-day in March and turned 6! She is going on a field trip today with her K class, to Thanksgiving Point. She is very excited to ride on the big yellow bus. She only has 3-more weeks of school left and she will officially be a 1st Grader. CRAZY!!!!
Kev is hanging in there. He has a 2nd interview for a different position (at the company he is currently working for). He is still working at UPS at the booty crack of dawn, then goes to his full-time job at Orange Soda, leaving a few hours in the evening to complete his school work. He graduates July 23rd and we are counting down the weeks. I believe it is 11-weeks left. We are planning on going up to BYU-Idaho so he can walk. He was recently called as an Elders Quorum instructor and he is enjoying teaching.
Me, Amanda, Mom of 3, am enjoying days full of peace and bliss, sitting back reading while I sip on a virgin strawberry daquiri. Ha Ha yeah right!!!! Trying to find the joy in some of the mundaneness of each day. (Is that a word, mundaneness) I am focused right now on trying to have a home where the spirit is always present. We have had some behavioral issues, which I won't go into now until we have more info from a dr. we are seeing. So, these behavioral issues to say the least, have made things challenging. I see this as the refiners fire for me. It is really testing my patience and has been helping me learn to step back and really see my child through the Lord's eyes and how HE wants me to respond to her. I still have a lot of growing to do, but nobody ever said the refiners fire only lasted a day (though that would be nice).
I am really passionate about cooking healthy/yummy options for my family. I will start posting some of the recipes I have been doing lately that my kids are really enjoying. Yesterday I made some homemade granola and made a big batch of Icebox Muffins. (Both recipes I tweaked a little to add some extra health benefits)
At meal-times we have started having what I call "An Attitude of Gratitude Moment." I even bought a little journal to write things in. Every night at dinner we go around the dinner table and say something we were grateful for that day It has really been helping our children realize their blessings and how there is ALWAYS something good in our life each day. I am looking forward to doing this for many years. The following is a conversation I had with Abbey after dinner one night. Abbey: Mommy when we are done with this gratitude book, can we get another one? Mommy: Sure honey. Abbey: I want to do this everyday until I move out and get married . After I adopt all my kids (for some reason she is DETERMINED she will not give birth to any children & that she will adopt), girls of course, just like you mommy; I want to do a gratitude book with my children too. (Can I tell you that was one of those moments as a mother that makes you realize you are doing something right. We all need those moments!)
I have also been making some SUPER cute hair clips. I will take some pictures and post them. I am really wanting to try and start selling them. I will be selling for around $2-$3 a clip. I don't want to charge outrageous prices like some do. I also make little snuggle blankets, and really cute car seat shade covers. Again, I will post some pictures and get back to you on pricing for these items. If you see anything you like, let me know and pass it along to your friends.
Well keep on smiling and remember to find something to be grateful for EVERYDAY!!

1 comment:
YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! I can't wait for your recipes!!! I loved the update, and it makes me want to do better. I LOVE your attitude of gratitude moment! I LOVE that you are writing it down!
Sooooo... there is more I could say, but I am thinking I will just call you;)
Post a Comment